belongs to a class of medication referred to as HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors. When used in conjunction with changes in lifestyle in terms of diet, weight-loss, exercise, etc, it reduces the amount of cholesterol and other fatty substances in blood. Ganciclovir Drug works by slowing cholesterol production in the body.
How to Use
|Simvastatin Strength||20 mg|
|Common Brand Name||Zocor|
Ganciclovir is available in tablet form for intake through mouth and usually taken once or thrice a day at around the same time. Follow the exact direction of of your prescription or label and also consult your doctor or pharmacist for explanation about details. Take simvastatin exactly as directed by doctor and in quantities as prescribed by the doctor. Your doctor may begin Simvastatin on a low dosage and gradually increase it, to no more than once every 4 weeks. Persist with the medication even if there is relief and do not stop it without consulting with your doctorSide Effects
Simvastatin may cause certain side effects. Inform your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe and do not go away:
|Constipation||Muscle Pain, Tenderness, or Weakness|
|Loss of appetite||Nausea|
- Inform doctor & pharmacist about any allergies to Simvastatin or other medications.
- Inform doctor and pharmacist about any intake - existing or planned - of medications, nutritional supplements, vitamins, as well as herbal products.
- Consult your doctor about any history of liver disease, kidney disease, or other medical conditions.
- Inform doctor about your drinking habits.
- Inform your doctor about any pregnancy - planned or unplanned. If you do become pregnant while on Simvastatin, stop taking Simvastatin and inform doctor immediately.
- Do not breast-feed infants while on this medication.
- In case of any planned surgery, including that of dental surgery, inform doctor or the dentist about intake of Simvastatin.
- Consult doctor about the usage of ,ask your doctor about the safe use of while you are taking simvastatin. Alcohol can increase the risk of serious side effects.
If case of an overdose, or incapacitation of the victim, breathing problems, etc., inform doctor or call local emergency services.Missed Dose:
Take missed dose on remembering it. If the nest dosage is due, shortly, then skip the kissed dose and take the next. Compensating for missed doses by double soage is not safe.Storage
Keep in the container, closed tightly, and out of the reach of children. Store at room temperatures and away from excess heat and moisture